WORLD MUSIC DAYS SLOVENIA 2015
26. 9.–2. 10. 2015
CALL FOR WORKS - REGULATION
We kindly invite composers to submit scores, projects or installations. The ISCM World Music Days will take place in Slovenia from 26 September to 2 October 2015.
According to the “Rules of Procedure for the Organisation of the ISCM World Music Days Festival”, submissions should be either official (by ISCM Members) or individual. Only one work per composer may be submitted for a given ISCM-WMD Festival, whether through official or individual submissions.
An official submission by a Section or Full Associate Member will enjoy the exclusive right to the guaranteed performance of at least one submitted work at the ISCM-WMD Festival, providing the submission fulfils the following conditions:
- the official submission should consist of exactly six works (as specified in the “Rules of Procedure for Membership Categories”);
- preference will be given to shorter compositions, and to pieces composed after 2007.
1. Symphony orchestra (with or without choir, with or without soloist) (2+1.2+1.2+1.2+1.-184.108.40.206.- timp.perc4-pno-org-harp-strings) duration max. 20 min
2. String orchestra, 220.127.116.11.1 duration max. 15 min
3. Big band – Jazz orchestra 18.104.22.168 duration max. 8 min
4. Mixed choir 22.214.171.124 duration max. 8 min
5. Youth choir duration max. 8 min
6. Brass ensemble 126.96.36.199.2 duration max. 10 min
7. String Quartet duration max. 10 min
8. Wind Quintet duration max. 10 min
9. Brass Quintet duration max. 10 min
10. Saxophone Quartet duration max. 10 min
11. Percussion Ensemble - up to 7 instrumentalists duration max. 10 min
12. Trio: horn, trombone, tuba duration max. 10 min
13. Military Wind Orchestra (Picc-1 Fl-3(alto fl, bass fl) Ob-1(EHorn) EbCl-1 BbCl-8 ACl-1 BCl-1 CbCl-1 Bsn-1 ASx-1(Ssax) TSx-1 BSx-1 | Hn-4 Tpt-5(flug) Tbn-2 BTbn-1 Euph-2 Tuba-2 | DB-1 El.Guit Pno Timp Drum Set Perc-2) duration max. 15 min
14. Pieces for solo instruments and various chamber ensembles up to 15 musicians with or without soloists (any combination from the list is possible but not more than two soloist per piece) duration max 10 min
voices (Soprano, Mezzo-soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, Bass) instruments (any combination from the list is possible): 188.8.131.52.3 - 184.108.40.206 - 4perc - 4pno - org - 3hp - 3guit - 220.127.116.11.2
15. Intermedia projects, installations, performances (Pre-recorded only, combination with live performers is possible. A list of the equipment available to composers for the performance of their works is available on the World Music Days 2015 website: www.worldmusicdays2015.si/category15equipment. Composers are themselves responsible for providing any additional equipment that is not included on this list.) duration max. 15 min
The listed instruments are standard instruments, but the use of non-standard instruments is possible (additional expenses covered by the submitter).
|I. The official submissions (submissions of the ISCM members) can only be entered digitally by the ISCM members using the ‘submission wizard’ on the ISCM website: www.iscm.org/members/submission/wizard
The last-entry deadline is 31th of October, 2014
II. The individual submissions should be send in by regular post to the folowinfg address:
DSS - Society of Slovene Composers
The postmark deadline is 31th of October, 2014
All submissions must be accompanied by the following materials and information:
1. Completed and signed Application form availble on the World Music Days 2015 website: http://www.worldmusicdays2015.si/applicationform
*An entry fee of 50 euro applies to individual submissions. It should be paid by one of the following ways: PayPal on the ISCM website http://www.iscm.org/festivals/wmds/iscm-wmd-2015-slovenia, or bank transfer to the account of the ISCM (by mentioning “individual submission ISCM 2015”, and your name): ISCM – International Society for Contemporary Music, ABN-AMRO Bank, Amsterdam, The Netherlands IBAN: NL36ABNA0552532088, BIC: ABNANL2A.
The decision of the international jury: November, 2014